COME CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF WHEELS!
This year marks the 10th anniversary of our annual Wheels ride, presented by Mattamy Homes. We have BIG plans this year, and BIG goals. Whether you are a novice rider or a seasoned cyclist, we hope you’ll join us to celebrate 10 years of incredible achievement for children with medical complexities in our community.
NEW this year – join us for a Virtual Ride with Wheels and ride at your convenience. You decide when and with whom you want to ride. Whether solo or a family ride, you can make a difference and support The Darling Home for Kids. Hills or flat. Circular route or point-to-point. Off-road or on-road. There are many ways to explore near and far and it’s your choice!
Since its inception in 2011, Wheels has raised over $950,000 in support of capital projects and the core programs offered at The Darling Home for Kids.
With your help we will build more space for the moments that matter.
Children at The Darling Home for Kids are embraced within our walls, our corridors, and our spaces. Held safely in a space that encourages them to be free – to explore, to play, to make memories. We have a dream to help more kids and families. With you, we’ll make it a reality. Your support of Wheels will help us fund vital projects within our 10,000 square foot expansion that includes:
- Three new bedrooms and two adjoining bathrooms
- A larger medication room
- Multi-functional spaces for counselling, meetings with families and care providers, volunteer interviews and religious ceremonies or events, and private spaces for client admissions.
- A larger Snoezelen room, which engages kids’ senses and imaginations through images, lights, textures, sound and colour
- A dedicated play room
- A new three-season space
- A private kitchen and accommodation for families who have a child receiving end-of-life care.
- A dedicated staff and volunteer area to accommodate increased nursing and support staff
- A second story for administration, meetings and training
- A driveway extension and larger parking lot
- A garage for our wheelchair van
By riding with Wheels, you provide a gift for today, and an investment in the future, for children with complex medical needs and their families. The Orlando Corporation, has pledged to match proceeds from the 10th Annual Wheels ride, doubling the impact this year’s ride has on the Home.
With your help, we can provide each child with the best care possible. They have beaten the odds to survive. Together, we can help them make the most of each day they have.
For more information about our Signature Events, contact:
Nicole Walker, Events and Sponsorship Lead
T: 905.878.7673 ext. 232
Thank you to our 2019 Event Sponsors
Mattamy Homes has been the driving force behind the Wheels event and it would not be the success it is without their support. We are pleased that Mattamy Homes continues to share in our vision.
The bike seat, where you sit while your legs spin away, holds up the rider. Our generous sponsors will support all our riders.
A bicycle’s drivetrain is the mechanical system that converts a cyclist’s pedaling power into forward movement. The involvement of these sponsors will drive us forward to reach our goals!
Special thanks to our creative & print partners for their continued support.