While this year has been difficult for many, we were pleased to come together for The 23rd Annual Darling Home for Kids Classic, presented by K-G Spray Pak & PLZ Aeroscience on October 5th, 2020. Now more than ever, it was wonderful to have the opportunity to safely see old friends, and new, while spending an incredible fall day on the gorgeous greens at Glencairn Golf Club.
The DHK Classic raised $70,000 which will be directed to The Embrace Campaign. Orlando Corporation, has generously pledged to match proceeds from this event, doubling the impact that the 2020 tournament has on the Home.
Stay tuned for details on The 2021 Darling Home for Kids Classic!
Children at The Darling Home for Kids are embraced within our walls, our corridors, and our spaces. Held safely in a space that encourages them to be free – to explore, to play, to make memories.
Proceeds from The DHK Classic help us fund vital projects within our 10,000 square foot expansion that includes:
- Three new bedrooms and two adjoining bathrooms
- A larger medication room
- Multi-functional spaces for counselling, meetings with families and care providers, volunteer interviews and religious ceremonies or events, and private spaces for client admissions
- A larger Snoezelen room, which engages kids’ senses and imaginations through images, lights, textures, sound and colour
- A dedicated play room
- A new three-season space
- A private kitchen and accommodation for families who have a child receiving end-of-life care
- A dedicated staff and volunteer area to accommodate increased nursing and support staff
- A second story for administration, meetings and training
- A driveway extension and larger parking lot
- A garage for our wheelchair van
For more information about any of our Signature Events, please contact:
Nicole Walker, Events and Sponsorship Lead
T: 905.878.7673 ext. 232
Thank You to Our 2020 Sponsors