BEQUESTS AND PLANNED GIVING
Hope is an everlasting legacy.
A charitable bequest made through your will is simple and impactful way of giving. It allows you to leave a larger gift to The Darling Home for Kids than would be possible during a lifetime. In your will, you can choose to leave The Darling Home for Kids a specific piece of property, securities, cash or a percentage of your estate.
By planning today you can have a tremendous impact on DHK by transforming respite, pediatric palliative/hospice care, and giving hope to children and families for generations to come. Every gift in every will makes a difference, and your support can help our clinical staff advance our programs so that one day every child in our care can reach their fullest potential.
- Satisfaction of providing a future gift while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime
- A charitable tax receipt to your estate
- Reduction or elimination of estate taxes through careful planning
- An opportunity to honour or memorialize yourself or a loved one
Leaving a gift to The Darling Home for Kids in your will is simple. Speak to your lawyer about drafting or revising your will, adding a codicil. Letting us know that you have made a bequest allows us the opportunity to thank you today and ensure that you gift can accomplish what you would like it to.
Our seven pledges to those who leave a legacy gift to The Darling Home for Kids:
- We will respect your privacy.
- We understand that how you create your lasting legacy is a deeply personal decision and you need to make it on your own.
- It is your choice to let us know that you left a gift in your will, or any other kind of legacy gift. We’d love to hear from you and thank you but you don’t need to tell us.
- If you decide to notify us and tell us of your gift, you can choose how we communicate with you about our work to provide hope for those in need.
- We will use your gift carefully and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact
- At any time in the future you have the absolute right to change your mind about leaving The Darling Home for Kids a gift
- We will honour whatever you gift and treat it with sensitivity and respect.
For more information regarding Bequests and Planned Giving, contact Shannon Caskey, Director of Development.